Case Study: Video Production Company
This real life story is typical of businesses that grow quickly, often reacting to circumstances as they develop. The result is a lack of framework and communication which creates barriers to the company developing further.
- Unsure if successful
- Owner not doing the role he wants to
Identification of Issues
- Not profit focussed
- No clear roles for team
- Owner not holding team to account
- Focus on profit every month
- Set clear profit goals
- Clarify roles of team, starting with owner
- Set goals for team, including owner
- Monthly profit target hit each month
- Owner now doing the role that suits him & business
- Team grown by 50% as new sales expand due to owner’s focus
If you know of companies that have grown very quickly – often just after having started – it is likely that they will suffer some or all of the above problems. I would be happy to have a no obligation talk with them.